Thursday, March 25, 2010

Breaking News: Eric Cantor is not in favor of violence!

Cantor says "I do not condone violence. There are no leaders in the building that condone violence" he's not condemning it. He's simply saying I'm not in favor of it. This is about as controversial as being against mass-murder or child abuse or liking kittens or sunny days. Again, it's clear that Repub leaders like Cantor want to signal to their increasingly agitated base that they don't want to be seen as explicitly condemning them while at the same time knowing that that events have gotten so overheated of late that it's imperative they make some sort of "violence is not good" statement. But yet Cantor is such a wuss that he won't even say that. He simply says leaders don't condone it. Wow, so we won't find any pro-murder or assault memos originating out of GOP headquarters? Well gee, maybe I'll need to re-think my perspective on Repubs now I see you're anti-murder and assault. Perhaps I've been too hard on Repubs. Well gee, thanks for that Eric. I'm betting for your next bold prediction you're gonna say that that Kobe Bryant might just be a decent basketball player if he keeps on workin' hard.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home