Saturday, May 08, 2010

conference semis

Orlando is absolutely destroying Atlanta. Van Gundy has them dudes playing the same game. Dwight Howard is playing like a man driven. Jameer Nelson, Matt Barnes, Vince Carter, Michael Pietrus, Rashard Lewis, Marcin Gortat, JJ Redick, Jason Williams, Ryan Anderson-they all know their roles. This team is scary. Yeah, as individuals, they do not particularly sound intimidating, but this is a team. This is why we watch. It was embarrassing watching for Atlanta. I can't think of a worse performance this deep into the playoffs. The fans were nearly too embarrassed to boo. No one could do much of anything. Goodness-to watch as good a team as Atlanta get so completely pwned as that, one knows that Orlando is REALLY good. I'm impressed by Phoenix too. Channing Frye, Goran Dragic, Jared Dudley, Leandro Barbosa have been big off the bench and Grant Hill-well, what can you say about the guy? I appreciate guys who are quietly good for lengthy periods of time but I have to admit even I've been a it taken aback by the level at which the consummate pro continues to do it. I don't think, however, that if the Lakers get through to the Conference finals that they should have too much trouble with the Suns.

Cavs/Celtics. Cavs are deep but I still like the Celtics experience. Celtics in 7. I love the Jazz too. They are always ready and that's a tribute to Jerry Sloan. They just don't have the size though, to beat the Lakers. It's no knock on the Jazz-the Lakers are an excellent team. I just don't see the Jazz with enough to beat the Lakers. I'd say Lakers in 6, and if they show a bit of intensity maybe in 5.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home