Sunday, January 03, 2016

Foxcatcher

While this is an interesting story and Steve Carell, Mark Ruffalo, and Channing Tatum are all very good - with Carell absolutely astonishing, I can't say I loved this film. It left me somewhat unsatisfied. The lack of music, the seeming indifferent direction of the movie and the dryness of the movie left me wanting somewhat. It is an interesting story and well-told. Clearly Carell's John Du Pont is an unsatisfied and angry scion who has too much time and not enough to do, but as a character, I wish I'd known more about him because he is so odd. Perhaps some flashbacks to his upbringing would have helped. It's hard to know what is driving him. I'd give it 7 out of 10 based on the technical and acting merits, but the strangeness off du Pont makes this hard to embrace.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home